8.03.2008

USA!

Wednesday 30th
Humbug Mountan (Port Orford) - Harris beach (Brookings)
Mileage?

Setting up camp, a Canadian talked to me about a blues night at some bar in Arcata and about joining him and his Russian friend. I tried to rush out of there because I wanted to beat them both and make my country proud. A couple miles down the road I realized that my gloves dropped off the back of my bike, but I figured they would see them. I wasn't giving up my lead.

This is when I started my Snickers bar craze. I eat 2-3 a day and they work wonders when my tank goes empty. All the while I'm noticing a change in the landscape, trees, and what not.

I stopped in Gold Beach for a burger and went to the book store. They have an ancient book there selling for $15,000, and a baseball signed by 13 hall of famers ($950). I finally called some people, as I've been in the woods as of late.

I hit 38 miles going down a hill, I think that's my fastest yet. I realized that my computer had been set to kilometers and figured the metric bikers must have played a part. Well they're going to have to slash my tires if they want to beat me!

I got into beautiful Harris Beach and had a french bread, olive oil, avocado and beef jerky dinner. My neighbor was a short Australian with a big beer gut. Takes all kinds, I guess.

Todays sign: Sponsor: Preperation H
Todays quote: You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do - Henry Ford

2 comments:

jtmadman said...

hey how about some pictures don't get lazy on me. Timaa!!!

randlynn@wavecable.com said...

Hey Nate.. Just back from Ft. Flagler. Beautiful
weather. See you there next year. How many miles
to go? Living your venture!! Heather & Fin to see
Grandpa R today. Home tomorrow.
Missing you and cheering you on. Keep posting.
Grandi & Grandpa
All our Love
xoxoxoxo